Saturday 22 Jun 2024
main news image

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 30): MAA Group Bhd, Solidarity Group Holdings BSC and Zurich Insurance Co Ltd (Zurich) has jointly submitted an application to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), for the sale of MAA Takaful Bhd stakes today.  

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia today, MAA Group said the application was for the Minister of Finance's approval, pursuant to the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013.

The group did not reveal any detail of the divestment.

MAA Takaful is a joint venture between MAA Group and Solidarity Company BSC (C) of Bahrain, of which MAA controlled a 75% equity stake, while the remaining of 25% is controlled by Solidarity Group.  

BNM had on June 15 said it granted its greenlight for MAA Group to commence negotiations with Zurich for disposal of its 75% stake in its takaful insurance arm.  

However, BNM stressed the approval should not be construed as approval for the disposal, as MAA Group and Zurich would be required to obtain the prior approval of the Minister of Finance, with the recommendation of the BNM, before entering into a final agreement.

MAA' share price shed half a sen or 0.65% to close at 77 sen, for a market capitalisation of RM223.91 million.

(Note: The Edge Research's fundamental score reflects a company's profitability and balance sheet strength, calculated based on historical numbers. The valuation score determines if a stock is attractively valued or not, also based on historical numbers. A score of 3 suggests strong fundamentals and attractive valuations.)

      Text Size