Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari (The Edge filepix by Low Yen Yeing)
SHAH ALAM (April 1): Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said that 82 victims, including 12 injured, have been rescued in the gas pipeline blaze in Putra Heights, Subang Jaya.
He said the victims received initial treatment at Surau Nurul Iman and the Sri Maha Kaliaman Temple, before being relocated to the temporary relief centre (PPS) at the Masjid Putra Heights multipurpose hall.
“We advise the public to stay away from the affected area on Jalan Putra Harmoni, Putra Heights, as firefighting efforts are in progress.
“The priority now is to contain the fire and rescued victims, led by the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM),” he said in a statement on Tuesday.
Amirudin added that 78 personnel had been engaged in firefighting operations since 8.10am.
“The fire continues to rage due to residual gas still present in the pipeline, causing towering flames in the Jalan Putra Harmoni, Putra Heights area,” he said.
He also confirmed that, for now, only one PPS had been opened at Masjid Putra Heights.
Earlier, the media reported that JBPM was evacuating residents from the vicinity of the gas pipeline fire at Jalan Putra Harmoni, Putra Heights, Subang Jaya.
Selangor JBPM assistant director of operations Ahmad Mukhlis Mukhtar said the blaze was caused by a leak, engulfing approximately 500 metres of gas pipeline near a public housing area.
Read also:
Gas pipeline blaze: Immediate financial aid for over 100 affected residents, says PM
Fire incident in Putra Heights not related to Gas Malaysia facilities, company says
Petronas confirms fire incident at Petronas Gas main pipeline near Puchong
Massive gas pipeline fire in Puchong — Fire Dept
Gas pipeline blaze: Fire Dept evacuating nearby residents
Gas pipeline blaze: 25 receiving initial medical treatment as of 10.35am
Gas pipeline blaze victims recount earthquake-like tremors
Gas pipeline blaze: Environment Dept to monitor air quality
Gas pipeline blaze: Power supply fully restored in Subang Jaya — TNB
CAAM: No drones allowed in Putra Heights fire area
Gas pipeline blaze: PM urges state govt, relevant agencies to provide assistance
Gas pipeline blaze: PLUS reopens Seafield to Bandar Saujana Putra route
Gas pipeline blaze: 190 houses, 159 vehicles damaged
Gas pipeline blaze: No deaths reported — Dzulkefly
Selangor MB: Preliminary report on Putra Heights fire expected to be ready in 72 hours
Gas pipeline blaze: Risk of secondary explosion very low, says Fire Dept chief
Uploaded by Liza Shireen Koshy