Hyundai Motor says no plan for price hikes in US for now
03 Apr 2025, 11:46 am
main news image

SEOUL (April 3): Jose Munoz, co-chief executive officer of Hyundai Motor, said on Thursday that there were no plans to raise prices in the United States at this time in response to US tariffs.

"We have seen the tariff announcement and we are evaluating the impact," Munoz said at an auto show in South Korea. "There are no plans to raise prices in the United States at this time."

Hyundai had previously warned US dealers that it was evaluating its pricing strategy in the face of forthcoming 25% tariffs on imported vehicles and parts announced by US President Donald Trump.

Hyundai shares were down 1.5% in early Thursday trade, while sister company Kia Corp shares fell 1.9% versus a 1.4% drop in the wider market.

Hyundai unveiled its fully revamped hydrogen-powered Nexo crossovers at the show.

Uploaded by Liza Shireen Koshy

Print
Text Size
Share