Saturday 20 Jul 2024
By
main news image

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 14): Property developer Sunsuria Bhd has partnered with Australian integrated cancer care provider Icon Group to set up and operate oncology centres in the country. 

In a bourse filing on Thursday, the group said its wholly owned subsidiary Sunsuria Healthcare Sdn Bhd inked a shareholder’s agreement with Icon Asia Holdings Pte Ltd to form a joint venture (JV) company called Icon Sunsuria Sdn Bhd. 

“This JV is focused on the setup and operation of oncology day-care centres and radiation oncology centres, offering chemotherapy, haematology and radiation oncology services, as well as the management of such centres for third parties, with a focus on Malaysia,” Sunsuria said. 

Icon holds a 70% stake in the JV, while Sunsuria Healthcare owns the remaining 30%.

“The JV is expected to enhance future profits of the group,” Sunsuria noted. 

According to the group, Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider and has expanded to Singapore, China, Hong Kong and New Zealand. 

Shares in Sunsuria fell 1.5 sen or 2.7% at to 54 sen each, giving the group a market capitalisation of RM479.48 million.

Edited ByIsabelle Francis
      Print
      Text Size
      Share