HONG KONG/DUBAI (April 19): The currencies of Malaysia, Australia, Canada and Singapore will benefit from higher commodity prices, Maybank’s Singapore-based head of FX research Saktiandi Supaat says in an interview with Bloomberg Television.
* These currencies have upside against the yen
* On top of higher metal prices such as aluminum, the bank is also looking at gain in crude oil
* There may be concern intermittently that Fed will quicken the pace of interest-rate increases, which potentially supports the dollar
* Doesn’t expects the Treasury yield curve to invert in the short term
* NOTE: Canadian and Australian dollars have outperformed against their G-10 peers this month as Bloomberg Commodity Index has gained 3.9%