Wednesday 21 Feb 2024
By
main news image

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 12): Ranhill Utilities Bhd's unit has won a RM9.78 million contract that forms part of the rehabilitation programme for Sembrong Barat Water Treatment Plant in Kluang, Johor.

Ranhill Utilities said in a stock exchange filing on Wednesday (Oct 12) that this contract, awarded by Ranhill SAJ Sdn Bhd, involves designing, construction, testing and commissioning of a microstrainer system and its associated works.

Ranhill SAJ is 80%-owned by Ranhill Utilities, while the remaining 20% stake is owned by The State Secretary Johore (Inc).

Ranhill SAJ is an integrated water operator in Johor and is principally involved in the abstraction of raw water, treatment of water, distribution and sale of treated water to consumers.

The contract is expected to be completed by July next year, taking nine months, said Ranhill Utilities.

The group said its wholly owned subsidiary Ranhill Water Technologies Sdn Bhd secured the contract through a competitive open tender exercise undertaken by Ranhill SAJ.

Ranhill Utilities said winning this contract is a testament to Ranhill Water's capabilities and track records in utilising microstrainer system to minimise the concentration of algae entering the existing water treatment plant for better quality performance.

"This will be the first microstrainer system being utilised in water treatment plant in the country to remove algae from dam water," said Ranhill Utilities.

"The microstrainer system will assist Sembrong Barat Water Treatment Plant overcome the issue of seasonal algae blooming in the Sembrong Dam," it added.

Shares of Ranhill Utilities, which have fallen 30% year-to-date, closed unchanged at 38 sen per share on Wednesday, giving it a market capitalisation of RM492.45 million.

Edited ByEsther Lee
      Print
      Text Size
      Share