Wednesday 21 Feb 2024
By
main news image

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 21): Ranhill Utilities Bhd's unit won a RM11.94 million job to expand the capacity of a water treatment plant at Lok Heng in Kota Tinggi, Johor by an additional four million litres per day.

The six-month contract was awarded by Ranhill Utilities' 80%-owned subsidiary Ranhill SAJ Sdn Bhd, with the remaining 20% stake owned by The State Secretary Johore (Inc).

Ranhill SAJ is an integrated water operator in Johor and is principally involved in the abstraction of raw water, treatment of water, distribution, and sale of treated water to consumers.

The group said its wholly owned subsidiary Ranhill Water Technologies Sdn Bhd secured the contract through a competitive open tender exercise undertaken by Ranhill SAJ.

This is the second job Ranhill Water won from Ranhill SAJ in this month alone.

Shares of Ranhill Utilities were trading at 36 sen per share at noon market break on Friday (Oct 21), giving it a market capitalisation of RM466.53 million.

Edited ByLam Jian Wyn
      Print
      Text Size
      Share