Thursday 30 May 2024
main news image

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 22): Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd, which is the Johor state government’s joint venture partner in the Forest City property project in Johor, had today issued US$1 billion (about RM4.14 billion) worth of bonds, which will be listed on the Singapore Exchange Ltd (SGX) tomorrow.

In filings to SGX today, Country Garden Holdings said it had today issued US$500 million worth of senior notes due 2025 with an annual coupon rate of 3.125% and another US$500 million worth of senior notes due 2030 with a coupon payment of 3.875%.

“The notes will be listed and quoted in the (SGX’s) Bonds Market with effect from 9am, Friday, Oct 23, 2020,” Country Garden Holdings said.

According to Forest City’s website, Country Garden Pacificview Sdn Bhd (CGPV) is a master developer and real estate joint venture between Esplanade Danga 88 Sdn Bhd and Country Garden Holdings. 

Esplanade Danga 88, an associate company of Kumpulan Prasarana Kerajaan Johor, owns 40% of CGPV while the remaining 60% is owned by Country Garden Holdings, which is headquartered in Guangdong, China, according to Forest City.

In the SGX filings today, Country Garden Holdings did not say how the proceeds from the US$1 billion bond issue will be used.

Country Garden Holdings said the notes will be quoted and traded in US dollars.

According to Country Garden Holdings, the lead managers and bookrunners of the notes are Morgan Stanley & Co International plc, UBS AG Hong Kong Branch, Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC, BNP Paribas, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp Ltd and JP Morgan Securities plc.

Edited ByChong Jin Hun
      Text Size