Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The Securities Commission Malaysia said it will be in touch with Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki over share purchase allegations.
2. The Malaysian Institute of Economic Research said it does not support the proposal for Employees Provident Fund members to further withdraw money for pandemic relief.
3. Padini Holdings Bhd’s share price rose to its highest level in two months after the Employees Provident Fund raised its stake in the retailer.
4. Reach Energy Bhd has announced that its unit in the Republic of Kazakhstan might be affected by the country’s recent state of emergency declaration.
5. DBS Group Research expected Malaysia’s economic recovery momentum in 2022 to be among the strongest within the Asian region.