Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The government will allow employers in the manufacturing, construction and services sectors to hire workers from all 15 source countries.
2. Bank Negara is reportedly giving foreign insurers until end-2023 to cut stakes in their local ventures or contribute to the MySalam initiative.
3. 7-Eleven Malaysia Holdings is said to be weighing exiting Caring Pharmacy Group, which is attracting interest from some Japanese parties.
4. Scomi Group and RC Asia Engineering agree to discontinue their joint venture after the agreement lapsed last Friday.
5. Ecoscience International’s share price trades below its initial public offering price of 30 sen on its maiden day.