Sunday 25 Feb 2024
main news image

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 15): Bina Puri Holdings Bhd is confident of securing RM1 billion of construction and infrastructure jobs in the next six to nine months, as it embarks on initiatives to continuously replenish its orderbook, said its group executive director Datuk Matthew Tee. 

"Our construction orderbook has always consistently stayed at the range of one-billion mark, and we are looking at various areas like flood mitigation projects, public infrastructure amenities and even dams," Tee said in a briefing with the media and analysts at the Bankers Club here today. 

Tee shared that Bina Puri's outstanding construction orderbook as at end-October stands at RM1.18 billion, which will provide earnings visibility over the next three to four years. 

Currently, Bina Puri said total ongoing works stands at RM2.3 billion, of which 69% are government-related, and the remaining 31% are privately-owned projects. 

According to Tee, Bina Puri is leveraging on its competitive advantages of boasting 40 years in perpetual track record of having uninterrupted presence in both East and West Malaysia, as well as having construction resources under its umbrella, which include bricks and ready-mix concrete. 

"We also have a loyal and dedicated staff and workforce, whereby I am proud to announce that around 30% of our total human capital strength have been with us for more than 10 years," he added. 

Since 1975, Tee said Bina Puri has completed more than RM18.7 billion of construction-related projects.  

Going forward, Tee said Bina Puri is embarking on an aggressive move to expand its presence in the renewable energy and green technology space, as part of its initiatives to source for new avenues of growth.

"We are bidding for large scale solar power plant projects, and we are also talking to the Sabah government to pursue more green energy projects there," he added.

At 11.07am, Bina Puri was trading at 35.5 sen, with 193,200 shares done. 

      Text Size