KUALA LUMPUR (June 1): Berjaya Corp Bhd (BCorp) has announced boardroom changes effective today. Datuk Seri Robin Tan Yeong Ching, who was made executive deputy chairman recently, has been redesignated as non-independent non-executive deputy chairman.
Meanwhile, Derek Chin Chee Sang resigned as an executive director of the group in line with the board composition and change of portfolio, according to a statement today.
BCorp appointed five new independent non-executive directors, namely Datin Seri Sunita Mei-Lin Rajakumar, Datuk Leong Kwei Chun, Datuk Hisham Othman, Norlela Baharudin, and Tan Peng Lam.
"The appointments of these five new independent directors are part of the group's ongoing strategic efforts to introduce a diverse range of experience to support its transformation into an institutionalised corporation managed by professionals," said BCorp.
BCorp's board of directors line-up is as follows:
• Tan Sri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun — non-independent non-executive chairman
• Datuk Seri Robin Tan Yeong Ching — non-independent non-executive deputy chairman
• Abdul Jalil Bin Abdul Rasheed — executive director/group chief executive officer
• Nerine Tan Sheik Ping — executive director
• Datuk Seri Zurainah Musa — executive director
• Vivienne Cheng Chi Fan — executive director
• Datuk Robert Yong Kuen Loke — senior independent non-executive director
• Jayanti Naidu G Danasamy — independent non-executive director
• Penelope Gan Paik Ling — independent non-executive director
After it hit a multi-year high of 45 sen in early April, BCorp's share price has been on a downward trend since then. The stock closed at 26.5 sen, up one sen today. Its market capitalisation stood at RM1.41 billion.